Here’s what we’re talking about in this episode:
- The guest, Brian O'Rourke, is the CEO of Vedere Ventures, president of the Fitness Industry Technology Council, and co-founder of Moon Mission Media.
- Brian discusses how growing up in a military family taught him perseverance and adaptability and how hospitality has influenced his experience-driven fitness businesses.
- The importance of understanding which numbers matter when it comes to running a business is emphasized, including operating margin, lifetime value of customers, and acquisition costs.
- The challenges of reducing cost per acquisition in digital marketing are discussed, with Brian noting that not all attribution models from Meta or Google are reliable.
- The fitness industry has been built on venture capital models, but the importance of building sustainable, profitable businesses is emphasized.
- Knowing how to see is a guiding principle for Brian's investments, and he emphasizes the importance of understanding what numbers really matter when it comes to profitability and sustainability in a business.